Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rainy Day Fun

It is SO easy to turn on the TV on a day like today- misery outside our widows with high winds and pelting rain- oh... and no car today! We usually do in the morning for a little while, when I get organized, but I have to be careful that the morning tube doesn't drag on, and on, and ON!

My best defense on days like this is a plan.

Today's plan was to make new play dough. As I was doing a quick google search for my fav. playdough recipe, I came across another post about reinventing playdough play by assembling some of your kids' favourite items.

So... I quickly made the play dough (if you haven't made your own, here is the super awesome easy recipe I use all the time in my kindergarten class):

http://theimaginationtree.com/2012/04/best-ever-no-cook-play-dough-recipe.html

Here are the things I grabbed. SUCCESS! So much so in fact that he's still singing me Happy Birthday (to me)  and it's been 40 minutes. This doesn't sound like much, but in my house it's a world record by about ... 30 minutes in the play dough realm!




What do your kids love to do with play dough?

What other free/cheap rainy day "go to" activities are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment