Saturday, November 1, 2014

Meal Planning: Linked Recipes For the Next Few Months!

I'm on a bit of a mission.

Returning to work is hanging over my head, and there are some things that I want to have wrapped up neatly before then- one of them was a "plan" for eating. I recall all too well, getting home from work just too tired to come up with some elaborate dinner plan.

I also tried asking my husband "What do you want to eat this week?" to make a meal plan. Have you ever asked your husband that? Here's what I get: "Food".


Anyway, I assembled what might be realistic for us. It looks good on paper, so it is a bit of an experiment to see how it plays out. I imagine I'll be tweaking it each week. Maybe if I think about it, I'll write about how we did at the end of the month.

I do stockpile a bit in my pantry, but my plan is to write out the things needed for each week and have them all in one note (on my phone) so that if something is on sale and coming up in the next couple of weeks, I can grab it when it's on sale.

I've linked almost every meal to my recipes. Turns out pretty much everything I follow in a cookbook also exists online (who knew?).

My plan is to look at the week, if it looks good, grocery shop from the recipes. If not, do some re-arranging to make it work.

A word about my cooking:

I have tried and regularly use 98% of these recipes. I didn't just randomly copy them from the internet. They are all linked, but mostly to the same recipes I use online or in my cook books.
I don't use mixes. I make from scratch.
I don't usually do bought salad dressing or sauces. They are VERY easy to make; I have linked where I thought about it.

 Google Doc of Meal Planning Calendars (November and December). Download and modify as you like!

Here are the two completed calendars:

My plan is to print them for quick reference as well as have them accessible on my phone so I can look quickly if need be.

NOVEMBER:

SUNDAY

MONDAY

TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY






1



Make Bread
Make German Chocolate Cake
3
Birthday dinner!
4
5
6
Chicken pesto pasta

Make and freeze extra pesto
7
Salmon
8

9


Make Bread
10

Hamburgers and salad
11

Summit salad (Whitewater) with Dijon chicken
12

Fajitas (beef)

13

Pad Thai
(Whitewater)
14

(Make 6 extra for freezer)
15

Home made Sushi night
16
Thai Coconut curry soup (Whitewater) and gyoza (leftover frozen)
Make Bread
17
Wild rice pilaf


18
Make Cookies for freezer- Cosmic cookies

19
20

21
Chicken Alfredo

Alfredo sauce **sub milk for cream
22
Home Made Pizzas

23


Make Bread
24

Out for dinner

25

26
Steak and potatoes
and green salad
(Whitewater)
27
Smoked salmon Pasta with basil, tomatoes, onions, artichokes and feta
28


29




DECEMBER:

SUNDAY

MONDAY

TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
Nov 30
Make Bread

1
Chicken Pot pies ( from freezer)
2
Use Frozen Spaghetti sauce-
Pasta dinner
3
Steak, potatoes, greek salad
4
Tex mex Spaghetti squash (home made salsa, feta, cheddar, black beans, bread cru)
5
Chicken wings


6


Craft night??
7
Make Bread

Roast Beef Dinner
8
Leftover Roast beef
stirfry
9

10


11
12
13
(Whitewater)
14
Make Bread

15


16 **

Chicken Pot pies (from freezer- see nov. calendar for recipe)

17 **

Hamburgers
18

19

Breakfast dinner- sausage, hash, pancakes

20

Deep fryer night!
Wings, gyoza, fries
21
Make Bread

Leftover Chili

22
23
24

25

Christmas- Turkey Dinner
26


Leftovers!
27

Holiday Cooking

Make Turkey Soup
And biscuits
28

29

Turkey Pot pie
30

Lettuce Wraps and Gyoza
31

Dinner Out




No comments:

Post a Comment