Monday, October 20, 2014

The Formula for Balance

It's not difficult. Finding balance isn't complicated or mysterious, but it requires taking the time to get things JUST RIGHT.

We hit it out of the park this weekend.

A little of everything- A little time away from our kids, a little exercise, a little good food, a little fresh air, a little time with friends, a little time with family.


Our kids had tantrums. They got up in the night.

But... we filled our days with things that actually matter.

My son turned four this weekend. Nothing to me, was worth the price of admission more than the sheer joy of  watching him "be" four. Not about presents, cake or fancy parties. Just being four. His best guess at why the day would be so fantastic was that it would include lots of extra hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy. I gave him SO many hugs and kisses today. He's got it just right. Relationships matter!

This weekend, I spent the time nurturing my relationships. My mom, my kids, my husband, my friends. It feels so good to put those things first.

It felt refreshing to have support, love and help from all of those people.

My mind is creating a conscious list for when I go back to work of what is important...I hope the list stays short.







No comments:

Post a Comment